My people 45 x 365

The challenge: a year profiling people I have known, using a word count equal to my age. I'm taking weekends off!

Monday, January 29, 2007

The magnificent seven

The party slowly separates into audience and performers. Using mandolin, guitars, harmonica, didgeridoo, jembe, they play John Prine, Fred Eaglesmith, Neil Young. The local librarian’s voice alone would cause countless banditos to renounce violence. A small group still remains at 3 am, marveling at this undiscovered talent.

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Otter said...

Oh wow this sounds like my kind of show!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

The local librarian’s voice alone would cause countless banditos to renounce violence. This may be my new favorite sentence.

I'm a big fan of JP and NY, but I had to look up FE...

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Otter (or I guess your alterego is Lisa?), it was an incredible show. And free. And we were up close and personal with all the performers. I was really amazed by the talent, and rather sad that I have no musical ability whatsoever, because they were having such fun and it looked like it was quite a bonding experience for them.

Indigo, Fred Eaglesmith has quite a devoted following among his fans; they call themselves "Fredheads".

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

Helen: I like it. I'll have to check him out someday.

PS: I have listed this blog as a link on the new one I hope to start (you can get there via my 365). If you don't want to be listed there, please let me know.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Thanks Indigo. I'm looking forward to your new blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home